Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Turkey Leftovers

Every Thanksgiving, I end up with a dilemma of what to do with all the turkey leftovers.  In years past, I've made sandwiches, and ... well, that's about it. 

This year, I decided to try something else and I wanted something easy.  I found this Campbell's Kitchen Turkey and Stuffing Casserole recipe here, and since I had all the ingredients at home already, I decided to give it a shot.

Here's what came out:

 
Can I just say, cooking American food is waaaay easier than cooking Korean food.  There seems to be less chopping and the overall time spent inside the kitchen is way less because most of the American food I've prepared require baking, which allows me to get other chores done.  With Korean food, I'm constantly watching the soup, dicing, chopping, etc.  But, I can't live without Korean food, so that is my plight in life.
 
So, as most moms know, the real test of whether or not a dish is good or repeat worthy is if your kids eat it.  This is how my kids felt about the casserole:
 

 
I was surprised by their reactions because there was a good amount of vegetables in the casserole.  But, both ate their whole bowl of casserole!  I told my son to show me how much he liked the casserole, and his response was the above picture.  I think he was just hamming it up for the camera.
 
So the turkey casserole was a success and I will be putting this recipe in my go to stash of recipes.  What do you guys do with your turkey leftovers?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...